Ann Leslie, CEO of Lar Housing Trust, shared her vision to transform the former naval barracks at Port Edgar at our talk on 22nd November 2023.
– “minded to grant” planning permission has now been received
– Lar is committed to community access and has included provision for a cafe / restaurant, beach access and a meeting facility in the plans
– There are also options to re-route the John Muir Way through the site
– Lar is hosting Edinburgh University’s “Seawarm”renewable energy project on-site and a small scale prototype is already providing heat to one building
– Lar has appointed a Community Engagement Officer for the site and is keen to get local input for a heritage display and for site landscaping design
Full presentation available herePort-Edgar-November-2023